Wednesday 2 April 2014

Photo walk with Yelp (& Lunch at Hanoi Bike Shop - review)

by Bex

Last weekend I went along to another Yelp event, this time a photo walk in the west end followed by lunch at the Hanoi Bike Shop, somewhere I've been dying to try for a while, Pho is on my food list!  The walk was organised by Ashley from Glasgow Photo Walk as she led 20+ of us round the west end to various locations.  I even managed to find some macro shots amongst awesome locations such as the cloisters and ashton lane.  Here are a few of my favourites...





A random sword fight in the university!






We then headed back to Hanoi Bike Shop for some much needed food and rest.  We had the whole upstairs reserved and I loved the decor there - all oriental lanterns and bikes, so colourful and pretty!



We were absolutely starving after our wee trek but unfortunately service was a little slow as there only seemed to be one waitress for all 22 of us.  We could also only choose from the set menu due to our party size, totally reasonable but unfortunately it was rather pricey at £11.95 for one course or £16.95 for two courses for lunch!  Made even worse by the fact that we could see their specials on the board were both cheaper options but we weren't allowed to order them.  I would have minded less if we weren't still waiting for food at 3pm!  One person even left before eating!

Anyway, what I did eat was delicious and I'd like to go back to try it again with Nik so we can try the normal menu and hopefully normal service.  Pho wasn't on the set menu so I will have to go back to try it!

I had prawn & pork skewers (I can't remember the name) with a lovely dressing - so fresh and tasty!


My main was ox cheek stew (again, can't remember the vietnamese name) which was also lovely, even better when the rice arrived.


We also received vietnamese coffee as part of our set menu (except they had run out so it was just normal coffee) - it's filtered through onto condensed milk.  Makes for a lovely sweet, creamy, strong coffee (so I only sipped it since I'm off the caffeine now!)


All in all, a very lovely way to spend an afternoon!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100