Friday 18 October 2013

Wedding Outfits - What I Wore

by Bex

I really loved my outfits for my cousin's wedding weekend down in Warrington :)

On the Friday night we all had dinner in the hotel and I chose to wear my dragonfly print dress (with a little help from Instagram, thanks Yanthe!) and I wore my gorgeous red lipstick Gemma gave me for my birthday called Mistress.  I don't often wear dark or colourful lipsticks but occasionally like a bright pink or deep red lip and having now tried this one out, I love it!




The gorgeous lipstick and me before I put any make-up on!

I was really pleased with my new long bob haircut (recently dubbed the clavicut - basically mid-length hair), my first cut in 6 months since I stopped colouring it!

Dress - Dorothy Perkins
Lipstick - Tesco F&F
Bag - Oasis
Necklace - eBay
Boots - Firetrap

On the wedding day I wore a dress I bought in the sale at Coast back in July, I thought it was a very autumnal colour being dark forest green and I thought it would look fab with gold accessories for this wedding.  I recently bought a gorgeous coat in Debenhams by Jasper Conran when they had 25% off Designers at Debenhams.  As soon as I tried it on I knew I had to buy it, I think the colour, shape and length really suit me, it's also really heavy so will be very cosy come winter.


I added an old big green flower brooch to my coat and wore antique gold court shoes from M&S.  Mum wore a fab multi-coloured dress, also from Coast and shoes from Debenhams.





My earrings were from Jenny Packham at Debenhams and necklace was given to me by Nik when he proposed.  Flower brooch from H&M years ago.





Green amethyst ring from eBay and bangle from Debenhams.


My hair wasn't sitting right on the Saturday so I put it in a random up-do with a small peacock feather clip.  You can really see the grey here but I am long past caring.



The shoes from M&S are SO comfy as they have a mid-heel and are quite wide.


My nail varnish is 'Wicked Game' by Deborah Lippmann (TK Maxx) and was perfect for this outfit having a nice purple-plum colour but a green tinge at certain angles.


I was pleased at how it all came together and had a great day at Lisa's wedding
.

3 comments:

Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair said...

The dragonfly dress looks awesome on you!! So pretty x

Vonnie said...

Honey you look gorgeous! Love that dragonfly dress, it looks amazing on you.

Unknown said...

You look gorgeous in these photos Bex - love the dragonfly dress on you x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100