Wednesday 28 August 2013

Pin it Do It - Overnight Oats

by Roz

I saw this on Pinterest and had one of those 'really?!?' moments. Oats cook overnight by themselves?!  A super healthy breakfast that cooks itself, I had to try it :)

http://pinterest.com/pin/369154500676878067

I love porridge but the time and effort needed to make it fresh rules it out for a work day breakfast for me.  Clearly this isn't quite the same as it's not hot, but I'm loving it for the summer.  It's so easy to make and I use three simple ingredients then just mix it up and pop it in the fridge overnight:

  • One cup of rolled oats (not instant oats)
  • One cup of milk (or you could use water or half and half)
  • One cup of plain yogurt (again you could use greek yog or flavoured yog)
You can then throw in whatever you have in the fridge or cupboards, I like apple and cinnamon or berries through mine but I can't wait to try brown sugar and banana mmmmmm!




In the picture above my berries are frozen rather than fresh, which keeps them lovely and cool in my breakfast the next day.  Let me know if you have tried overnight oats or if this post inspires you to do so.  I take mine to work in the rather clunky mayo jar pictured below!




Roz xx

P.S. it's B's birthday today, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY hubby!  Love you loads x

3 comments:

Prettiest Hobo said...

I make bircher museli fairly often which is v similar to this, but I use fruit juice and a tin of fruit instead of milk... so last night's was apple juice and apricots. Originally the recipe I had called for museli with oats rather than just plain oats, but it's the same idea. I bring it to work for lunch!! xx

Amanda M said...

Ohhh, I'm always looking for ideas for breakfast at my desk so I'm going to try this.

kpsays said...

Looks yummy! Definitely going to try. I have a bunch of frozen berries on hand :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100