Friday 19 July 2013

Guest post - On the cover of a magazine



The lovely Lauren from Living In a Boxx sent us in this fashion related post. Lauren and I met at bootcamp over two years ago and I'm so glad we did :) She does a regular series on her blog (that she only started this year) which is very similar to our Splurge Vs Save  feature except she chooses things she's seen on a magazine cover and finds cheaper alternatives.  It's brilliant and I'm so glad we can share it here as it's a feature we've been lacking for quite a few weeks now!  Thanks Lauren, over to you...

Hi there! I'm Lauren normally over at Living in aBoxx, I'm here with a little guest post.  I've known Roz for a few years now and had the pleasure of meeting Bex through her.  I'll admit I was excited when Roz asked me to guest post but also a bit apprehensive, what the hell would I write about?
I decided to stick to what I'm used to.  I have a feature entitled 'On the Cover of a Magazine' in which I try to recreate the latest Vogue cover on the high street.  So here's a similar one featuring this months Cosmo.



The cover dress is Oscar De La Renta so you can imagine the price tag.  It's not too easy to get any feather dress cheaply though, unless you're talking fancy dress.  I couldn't find a fuchsia one anywhere!  I  did find these two bad boys in the sale though, making them more than affordable.





Left: Lipsy - £87.50
Right: ASOS - £48

Both are gorgeous, but with the second less than half the price in the sale it's got my vote.  If you're desperate for some jewel encrusted fuchsia, I've found these babies too...







Left: Forever Unique - £75
Right: Boohoo - £20


As for the jewellery - big gold and sparkly.  Dorothy Perkins and Etsy have some great flower rings.  I couldn't work out from the picture if Rachel's necklace is writing or not.  There are some lovely 'love' necklaces in Etsy and there are gold statement necklaces everywhere.




Top Left: Dorothy Perkins - £8.50
Top Right: Etsy - £4
Bottom Left: Etsy - £14.46
Bottom Right: Topshop - £16.50

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100