Wednesday 6 March 2013

Pin It Do It Challenge - Mango Ginger Smoothie

I picked a few different pins to try to do this year but so far have managed nails and outfits so here's my first recipe pinspiration...



Turns out it's as delicious as it looks!  I was a bit confused by the picture as the top right corner looks more like creamed coconut than yoghurt and that looks suspiciously like 1 teaspoon rather than 1/4 cup of ginger but I followed the recipe as it was written (I like ginger anyway) and it was lovely (but had a bit of a kick so dial down the ginger if you prefer)!  I would definitely try adding coconut milk in the future though.

The recipe I made is below but there are a few if you follow the pin link - I'm tempted to try a variation on the chocolate one (without peanut butter as I don't want to die) next time!

Ingredients:

2 cups frozen mango
1 cup frozen raspberries
1 banana
¼ cup chopped ginger
squeeze of lime
1 cup low fat natural yoghurt




Method:

Blitz it all in the blender.  Pour into glasses.  :)



It was delicious, healthy and refreshing, not to mention quick and easy, I loved it!  To send in your own #PinItDoIt submissions, click on the badge below for details...

Olive Dragonfly Pin It Do It

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It does look yummy. I can't wait for the warmer weather - M and I have loads of smoothies in the summer - usually using just frozen fruit and fruit juice. YUM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100